Wednesday, October 8, 2014

UPDATE: WLS Cancels Roe and Roeper! - I Had Nothing to Do With It!

Roe Conn and Richard Roeper

Yesterday I wrote unfavorably about the Roe and Roeper show's coverage of the Synod of Bishops. I'm truly sad to say that WLS AM canceled the show today. But I want to go on record that I had nothing to do with it. I was a big fan of the show and am very disappointed to hear the news. I guess the ratings were low and the station decided to pull the plug. The decision was obviously made at the last second, because as of yesterday they were giving out tickets to a remote appearance scheduled for Halloween. When Roe's former partner Garry Meier was let go ten years ago it was a drawn our affair that memory tells me went on for over a week. With all due respect to Richard Roeper, the show was better when Roe was teamed up with Meier, but it was still an enjoyable listen. When I was back east the last six years I'd tune in by way of the internet every so often just to get a fix.

So, I'll miss the show, and wish Roe and Roeper all the luck moving ahead.

No comments: