Saturday, November 6, 2010

Good Bye For Now?

Tomorrow I'm off to participate in our Provincial Chapter, 2010, and I'll be gone for a week.  That means I'm not sure if I'm going to get a chance to put anything up for a week or so.  I'm working on my bulletin letter for next Sunday, so I'm pretty sure that'll be ready before I go, but beyond that, who knows?  The Internet access is limited up at the Shrine, and I'm going to be tied up in meetings all day.  Then, if I get put on a committee any spare time I would end up with is gone.  But I'll see what I can do.  I have a couple of half finished drafts I might be able to round off and put up.

My only preoccupation with taking a whole week off from writing at this point is that I've got some good momentum going.  October was our best month traffic wise, and I hate to see it stop short.  This is where faith comes in.  If the Lord wants this thing to grow, it will, in His time.  If not, I could post things ten times a day and it's not going to go anywhere.

As a side note for the uninitiated, a chapter is a meeting of all the Salesian directors along with elected representatives from the different communities.  It happens every three years on the provincial level, and every six on the world level.  In that case It's the provincials and an elected rep from each province.  Most religious orders have chapters in some form.  This is not exciting stuff.  It's a lot of parliamentary procedure and arguing over the proper placement of a comma in a sentence, and the like.  But in spite of the tedium it's an important moment in the life of the province.  It's an opportunity to take a look at where we've been and plan for the future. So I ask for your prayers this week, for me and all the delegates.


OK, so I'm off.  I'll try to get something up before I go tomorrow afternoon, and then we'll see where the Spirit takes us.

1 comment:

temo y karina said...

We will be here waiting for you