Friday, June 19, 2015

Fr. Robert Barron on Pope Francis' Encyclical "Laudato Si'"



Here is Fr. Barron's initial take on Pope Francis' encyclical letter Laudato Si'. He places the Holy Father's words in the context of traditional Christian cosmology, that views human beings as a part of creation, that while having a special role with in the created order, is still a part of it. We are to harmonize with nature, not dominate it in the sense that it is a mere object to be bent or manipulated to our purposes.

As Fr. Barron points out, this is a lengthy, though not necessarily a difficult read. I'm going to finish it up today (I hope), then spend my retreat next week going over it again, then giving a more thoughtful reflection of my own.

I look forward to Fr. Barron's analysis and will post it as soon as it becomes available.

No comments: