Friday, October 1, 2010

Don Bosco's Relics Tour, Take Two Point One: St. Patrick's Cathedral

Literally just got off the bus and grabbed some leftovers out of the fridge, and am about to collapse.  But I did want to get a few preliminary thoughts on the nights events down.

It was the second straight day where what could go wrong did go wrong and it didn't really matter.  Mostly it was the buses.  The good thing is we filled two of them. The bad news is they were 45 minutes late getting to the parish.  Then the lead driver couldn't find her way out of Elizabeth, and then wasn't sure which direction Manhattan was, north or south (no, I'm not making this up).  Then the traffic to  the Lincoln Tunnel was what one would expect on a Friday night during rush hour.  So yeah, it took close to 2 hours to get to the Cathedral.  We walked in the doors as the procession was starting, so no I didn't get to concelebrate the Mass, which was a loss, but opened up some amusing observations I could only have made on "ground level," which I'll share in more detail in the next post.

Let's just say, the Cathedral of St. Patrick was the Oratory of Don Bosco on this night, and it's not over.  There are programs going on all night.  For those who know what I mean by oratory will understand what went on.  And again, I'll put  more flesh on this tomorrow.  But for now, all I have to say is; VIVA DON BOSCO!

No comments: