Thursday, October 28, 2010

Random Notes

*We broke 1,000 page views all time this week (1,114, since July to be exact). A relatively small number, to be sure, but we're also up a hundred plus views this month over last.  I owe a lot of the recent bump to Padre Steve posting me on Da Mihi Animas last Saturday.  A big thanks to him for the shout out.

*In spite of the Fox / Cablevision World Series black out here in the Metro Area I was able to catch a couple of innings the game last night.  I've always been amazed at the "too much rest" excuse when a pitcher gets knocked around after a long layoff.  It happens a lot, so there must be something to it.  But I also think it's hard for any pitcher, even Cliff Lee, to pitch lights out every time out.  Your due for a clunker eventually.  The Giants were able to convert patience and working the count into hits like the Yankees didn't.  New York made Lee throw pitches, they just were never able to take advantage of it.  San Fran was also able to knock him out in the fifth, before he usually catches his "second wind."

*Speaking of Lee, I love the way he and his agent are down playing the way some rowdy Yankee fans treated his wife during the ALCS.  If it was my wife getting beer thrown on her and taunted I'm not sure I'd be taking it in stride the way he is.  Oh, the filthy lucre makes cowards of us all.

*This will be my last post for a few days.  I'm being installed as pastor on Sunday, and there are a lot of details to attend to.  But I do plan on posting my sermon on Sunday morning.

Preaching is a spoken art form, and I usually don't write homilies out, even in Spanish.  The Holy Spirit never stops inspiring, even in mid sermon, so He shouldn't be stifled by a script. But I don't want the nerves of the moment to distract from the message. So, until them, pray for me, I'll be praying for you!

No comments: